We are looking for a someone to run our inspection department who has experience in the manufacturing of highly regulated industries where the quality system is critical. You will be hands on and conversant with the running of CMM inspection and establishing quality processes, technically minded and a team player. You will manage a small team and set tasks or priorities to guarantee through-put is achieved. You will communicate well with subordinates and superiors alike and be able to deal with clients on technical issues. Self-motivation, a professional approach and a do/can do attitude are important.
To oversee the development and implementation of the inspection department to the highest quality which comply with client requirements in industries such as automotive and aerospace. Achieving targets and objectives as set by the General Manager.
- Hold functional meetings, taking ownership of commitments and efficiently flowing the requirements down to the team.
- Responsible for inspecting outgoing product.
- Perform root cause analysis, identify problems and put in place corrective actions
- Manage in process inspection including timely first off and final inspections
- Understand manual inspection techniques and where required be hands on
- CMM inspection, have a good understanding of the process, be able to talk through set ups and inspection techniques with customer, subordinates and auditors.
- Good understanding of F.A.I.R.'s and auditing activities
- Train/develop both new and existing staff and monitor to confirm progress
- Release signatory for quality sign off
- Knowledge of compliance to ISO9001 and AS9100 quality standards
- Other duties as required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent